After purchasing Pardot, the first step to actually being able to take advantage of your new marketing automation tool is installing the Pardot AppExchange package (or the Pardot Salesforce connector).
You’ll need your company Salesforce administrator to follow the install instructions. You should eventually end up at a page that looks like this:
Enable Pardot in Salesforce
The next step is to enable Pardot directly in your Salesforce org. For any account purchased after February 11, 2019 you’ll need to appoint a Pardot admin to manage the account. If you intend to use Business Units, this is where you would want to configure as well.
After appointing the Pardot admin and complete account provisioning, Pardot will send the admin an email to start the setup process.
Configure the Salesforce-Pardot Connector in Pardot
The final “initial” step to activate Pardot involves setting up the Salesforce Connector from within Pardot. This is where you actually connect Pardot to Salesforce by logging into your account and syncing the data (unpausing the connector as well).
- Knowledge Base: Install the Pardot AppExchange Application
- Knowledge Base: Enable Pardot in Salesforce
- Knowledge Base: Configure and Unpause the Salesforce-Pardot Connector in Pardot (Connector v2)
- Guide: Salesforce-Pardot Connector Implementation Guide (Spring ’20)
- Trailhead Module: Install the Pardot AppExchange App